By Gesine Müller
Read Online or Download Crossroads of Colonial Cultures: Caribbean Literatures in the Age of Revolution PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory_1 books
An eminent Canadian guy of letters, student, naval officer and mystery intelligence agent, CBC scriptwriter, musician, biographer, and translator, George Whalley (1915-1983) was once additionally a talented poet whose paintings spans 5 many years. with his significant serious paintings, Poetic procedure, and his significant biography, The Legend of John Hornby, Whalley’s poetry is a vital contribution to the emergence and improvement of twentieth-century modernism.
The exam of literary and cultural move methods within the colonial Caribbean permits thoroughly new insights into the early tactics of cultural globalisation. Racist discourses, tested versions of “white” abolitionists, politics of remembrance and the hitherto overlooked function of the Haitian Revolution mix to an amalgam that questions our tested idea of a real western modernity.
In the course of a lot of the 20 th century, Irish women's place used to be at the limitations of nationwide lifestyles. utilizing Julia Kristeva's theories of nationhood, usually really proper to eire, this examine demonstrates that their marginalization was once to women's, and certainly the nation's, virtue as Irish ladies writers used their voice to subvert bought pieties either approximately ladies and in regards to the Irish state.
British nationwide healthiness provider worker Phyllis Dorothy James White (1920–2014) reinvented herself at age 38 as P. D. James, crime novelist. She then grew to become lengthy often called England’s “Queen of Crime. ” 16 of her 20 novels function one or either one of her sequence detectives, Adam Dalgliesh of Scotland backyard and personal eye Cordelia grey.
- Euripides, "Alexandros": Introduction, Text and Commentary (Texte und Kommentare)
- Publishing Women's Life Stories in France, 1647-1720: From Voice to Print (Women and Gender in the Early Modern World)
- The Cambridge Companion to Transnational American Literature (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- Bandit Narratives in Latin America: From Villa to Chávez (Pitt Illuminations)
- Pirandello’s Visual Philosophy: Imagination and Thought across Media (The Fairleigh Dickinson University Press Series in Italian Studies)
Extra info for Crossroads of Colonial Cultures: Caribbean Literatures in the Age of Revolution
Crossroads of Colonial Cultures: Caribbean Literatures in the Age of Revolution by Gesine Müller