By Saverio E. Spagnolie
This publication serves as an advent to the continuum mechanics and mathematical modeling of advanced fluids in dwelling platforms. the shape and serve as of residing platforms are in detail tied to the character of surrounding fluid environments, which often express nonlinear and heritage established responses to forces and displacements. With ever-increasing features within the visualization and manipulation of organic structures, examine at the primary phenomena, versions, measurements, and research of complicated fluids has taken a couple of interesting instructions. during this ebook, a number of the world’s prime specialists discover key subject matters such as:
- Macro- and micro-rheological strategies for measuring the fabric homes of complicated biofluids and the subtleties of information interpretation
- Experimental observations and rheology of advanced organic fabrics, together with mucus, cellphone membranes, the cytoskeleton, and blood
- The motility of microorganisms in advanced fluids and the dynamics of lively suspensions
- Challenges and options within the numerical simulation of biologically correct advanced fluid flows
This quantity may be available to complicated undergraduate and starting graduate scholars in engineering, arithmetic, biology, and the actual sciences, yet will entice an individual attracted to the difficult and gorgeous nature of advanced fluids within the context of dwelling systems.
Read Online or Download Complex Fluids in Biological Systems: Experiment, Theory, and Computation (Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering) PDF
Similar biophysics books
This publication is devoted to the a number of points, that's, organic, actual and computational of DNA and RNA molecules. those molecules, critical to important methods, were experimentally studied by way of molecular biologists for 5 a long time because the discovery of the constitution of DNA through Watson and Crick in 1953.
This quantity of present subject matters in Membranes specializes in Membrane Protein Crystallization, starting with a evaluate of previous successes and basic developments, then additional discussing demanding situations of mebranes protein crystallization, mobile loose construction of membrane proteins and novel lipids for membrane protein crystallization.
This e-book represents the main complete and up to date selection of info related to computational molecular biology. Bringing the newest learn into the vanguard of debate, Algorithms in Computational Molecular Biology reports an important and invaluable algorithms presently getting used within the box, and offers similar difficulties.
Learn and innovation in parts equivalent to circuits, microsystems, packaging, biocompatibility, miniaturization, energy provides, handheld remote control, reliability, and lifespan are resulting in a quick elevate within the variety of units and corresponding functions within the box of wearable and implantable biomedical microsystems, that are used for tracking, diagnosing, and controlling the medical conditions of the human physique.
- Morphogenetic Engineering: Toward Programmable Complex Systems (Understanding Complex Systems)
- Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes (Handbook of Proteolytic Enzymes, Two-Volume Set with CD-ROM)
- Biophysics for Beginners: A Journey through the Cell Nucleus
- Continuum Mechanics of Anisotropic Materials
- Proteins at Liquid Interfaces (Studies in Interface Science)
Extra info for Complex Fluids in Biological Systems: Experiment, Theory, and Computation (Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering)
Complex Fluids in Biological Systems: Experiment, Theory, and Computation (Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering) by Saverio E. Spagnolie