By Theodore R. Weeks
- Provides a coherent assessment of Russia's improvement from 1861 via to 1945
- Reflects the most recent scholarship by way of taking a thematic method of Russian heritage and bridging the ‘revolutionary divide’ of 1917
- Covers political, fiscal, cultural, and lifestyle concerns in the course of a interval of significant alterations in Russian history
- Addresses in the course of the range of nationwide teams, cultures, and religions within the Russian Empire and USSR
- Shows how the novel regulations followed after 1917 either replaced Russia and perpetuated an financial and political tension that maintains to steer glossy society
Read or Download Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia) PDF
Best russian history books
Hitler's assault on Poland in 1939 was once the 1st brutal act in six years of global conflict, however the crusade is frequently overshadowed by way of the momentous fight that around the remainder of Europe. David Williamson, during this well timed and thought-provoking research, reconstructs every one level of the conflict in image aspect.
Through drawing a brand new boundary among the ecu and its japanese neighbours, the eu Union has seeing that 1989 created a frontier that has been popularly defined within the frontier states because the new 'Berlin Wall'. This e-book is the 1st comparative examine of the influence of public opinion at the making of overseas coverage in japanese eu states on both sides of the divide: Poland and Ukraine.
First released in 1974, this ebook collects interviews with top Czechslovak filmmakers performed more often than not among 1967 and 1969. This was once a interval of mammoth upheaval starting with the assault of the Czechoslovak institution at the Union of Writers in 1967, carrying on with throughout the liberalisation of the Prague Spring in January 1968 and ended with the Soviet invasion in August and next ‘Normalization’ procedure in April 1969.
Unrivalled in scope and brimming with human drama, A People’s Tragedy is the main bright, relocating and entire heritage of the Russian Revolution to be had at the present time. ‘A glossy masterpiece’ Andrew Marr‘The such a lot relocating account of the Russian Revolution given that health professional Zhivago’ IndependentOpening with a landscape of Russian society, from the cloistered global of the Tsar to the brutal lifetime of the peasants, A People’s Tragedy follows staff, squaddies, intellectuals and villagers as their international is ate up by way of revolution after which degenerates into violence and dictatorship.
- Buried in the Sands of the Ogaden: The United States, the Horn of Africa, and the Demise of Détente (New Studies in U.S. Foreign Relations)
- Medieval East Central Europe in a Comparative Perspective: From Frontier Zones to Lands in Focus
- Privatization and Transition in Russia in the Early 1990s (Routledge Explorations in Economic History)
- Lenin sul treno (Italian Edition)
- Slavophile Thought and the Politics of Cultural Nationalism (SUNY series in National Identities)
Extra info for Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia)
Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia) by Theodore R. Weeks