By John Janovy,Gerald W. Esch
Reviews key parts in ecological, scientific and molecular parasitology
- Features essays from many of the world's leading parasitologists
- Each subject is decided in context by way of that includes a key paper from the magazine of Paraistology during the last a hundred years
Read or Download A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014 PDF
Similar zoology books
Neuroendocrinology, the self-discipline eager about how the anxious process controls hormonal secretion and the way hormones regulate the mind, is pivotal to body structure and medication. Neuroendocrinology has disclosed and underpins primary physiological, molecular organic and genetic rules equivalent to the legislation of gene transcription and translation, the mechanisms of chemical neurotransmission and intracellular and systemic suggestions regulate structures.
Australia has a wealthy and specified array of animals, together with the biggest variety of marsupials in the world. the new progress in ecotourism has elevated the recognition of mammal-spotting, rather whale and dolphin-watching, but additionally recognizing of perennial vacationer favourites reminiscent of koalas and kangaroos.
Homosexuality is an evolutionary paradox in look for a answer, no longer a scientific in look for a medication. gay habit is usual between social animals, and as a rule expressed in the context of a bisexual sexual orientation. unique homosexuality is much less universal, yet now not specific to people.
Planarian Regeneration bargains with regeneration difficulties together with embryogenesis and morphogenesis. The booklet compares the foundations thinking about the regeneration procedures with these in ontogenesis from the egg. the writer additionally studies the works of Thomas H. Morgan and Charles M. baby which turned the root for systematic medical research of regeneration.
- Field Manual of Wildlife Diseases: General Field Procedures and Diseases of Birds - Authoritative Federal Guide to Bacterial, Fungal, Viral, Parasitic Diseases, Biotoxins, Chemical Toxins
- The Origin and Evolution of Mammals
- The Clinical Biology of Sodium: The Physiology and Pathophysiology of Sodium in Mammals
- Methods for Studying Mononuclear Phagocytes
- Gas Turbine Engineering Handbook
Additional info for A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014
A Century of Parasitology: Discoveries, ideas and lessons learned by scientists who published in The Journal of Parasitology, 1914-2014 by John Janovy,Gerald W. Esch